Archive

Monthly Archives: January 2012

 

This is some extension work I am currently working on. I made a few posts about this project when it was first set (see HERE), now I’ve come back to it to produce some more content for it. I already had the typeface, so I was just looking to apply it to a few things. This is mostly trial and error at the moment, just checking out what ‘works’. As I type this I am working on something else for the project, but I will put it up later on so I don’t have too many large images in this post.

Unfortunately the scanned pages didn’t come out as well as I had hoped, but if you tilt your screen to a good angle you can see the images properly !

More very soon.

<|:^]

Advertisements

Had a spare few minutes, so I decided to post up some more work I did from last year. This was a project where we were all given a shop at random, and then tasked to create an identity from scratch. I was given a supermarket to brand.

I decided to steer towards the idea of children’s shopping, that’s why I came up with a name like ‘Mini’Mart. This was a nice project to do as it meant I could make my work anything I wanted without having to stick to a brief. It needed to appeal to both kids and parents – it was a challenge to mix fun yet practical, but hopefully I achieved that.

There’s not really much else to explain about this, but what I would say is I’d like to start creating more work on a computer. I usually tend to hand render and build physical objects as outcomes, but it would be a good for me to start using Illustrator and Photoshop more often. Not necessarily for my uni projects, but perhaps just producing stuff in my spare time to get in some experience.

<|:^]

I’m ashamed I haven’t posted anything in almost a month now. I’ve refused to take any materials with me back home for Christmas to force myself to have a proper break, so I haven’t been producing anything for the past month.  HOWEVER, I have plenty of bits and bobs from last year that I did for my Art & Design Foundation course that I’d like to show. I’ll spread them out a bit, so in the coming weeks I’ll have some work from the present, and some from the past year – just to make my blog a bit more interesting.

Onto the info: This was a 1 week project used as a last-minute ‘portfolio builder’ for uni. I made up this game from scratch, designing the game along with everything else. The design was tricky, especially the fittings inside the box, and ensuring the lid to fit perfectly and securely. I remember feeling really rushed to complete this, especially with only a week. Looking back, there are a few things I would change. I know at the time I had good reason to use newspaper as a cover, but I really can’t remember it now. Perhaps I should’ve used something else instead.

The rules in brief: Basically, each set of images are layered up to build the shape of an animal. The pictures are made from the first letter of the animal (for example, the penguin was made from the letter P). The aim is to rotate the squares until you finish with the animal shape. It’s a simple concept, but pretty hard to complete! In the 2nd picture you can partly see the picture of a penguin tied with the blue band, and how each square contains one ‘P’.

More to come soon!

<|:^]

%d bloggers like this: